bskewl

Wharts and All: Blogging the Full-Time MBA Program at the Wharton School

Friday, December 10, 2004

Best MBA-Related Reads for the Week ending 2004.12.10

Here's the best business-school related reading from the week ending December 10, 2004. Did I miss something? Please note it in the comments.

M.B.A. Diary: B-School Stresses Importance Of Setting Ethical Boundaries (WSJ) - This is the second installment in a series of essays offering a first-person perspective on the business-school experience. Emily Harrold is a first-year student at the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley.

More Proof that Essays are Just Essays (Blog: DaRaverLA) - I still have a long way to go before I indeed become the person I portrayed myself as in my Wharton essays. With all the fucking BS I wrote on my Wharton essays about how "a great leader" I am, how "a willing team player" I have been, and all those other fucking self-moralizing propaganda I put down on my essays, I just, outright, self-contradicted myself in this situation.

Job Market Improving(AScribe) - The job market is improving for MBA students, according to a new survey of 57 business schools conducted by the MBA Career Services Council (MBA CSC), the association for MBA career services professionals.

The best will be drawn to the US (Times UK) - Some Europeans think that it is time to look away from the US for MBA inspiration. Harvard's John Quelch disagrees.

The Lighter Side

Microsoft Helps Track Down Criminals Who Awarded MBA Degree to a Cat (Seattle Post Intelligencer) - Some sleuthing by software giant Microsoft Corp. helped track down two brothers who authorities say sold bogus college degrees over the Internet, including an MBA that was issued to a housecat.

Trump to Wharton Business School Graduate: You're Fired (Black America Web) - Last night’s loser was boyishly cute Kevin Allen, a Wharton School of Business graduate who ditched law school for a chance to compete on Trump’s popular reality show.

Santa-Clad MBA Students Celebrate Year End in London Pub Tour (Bloomberg) - In a tradition dating from 1995, London Business School MBA students will tour London pubs tonight dressed in Santa suits to celebrate completing their exams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home