bskewl

Wharts and All: Blogging the Full-Time MBA Program at the Wharton School

Friday, January 07, 2005

Admitted Students' Theme Song [Edit 4]

Ever since being admitted to Wharton I've been struggling in my search for the words to express my joy and happiness. I finally admit defeat because two men have expressed it in song and dance far better than I could ever hope to express it.

These two links I am about to share with you are the victory dances that I longed to do on December 21 but did not have the guts, imagination or physical vocabulary to do. These videos express my heart on that day, and upon seeing them both, I instantly recognized them as what my soul sings. I suppose this will out me as the energetic sort that loves fruity dance music, and so I must come clean: I'm the one that friends always thank for "breaking the ice" at their weddings. I make such a fool of myself on the dance floor, that nobody ever feels ashamed to dance near me, though they sometimes get smacked by my flailing. That is the second reason I love these guys. We're cut from the same cloth. Linkage ensues:

  • Victory Dance 1 The tune you hear is "Mirage" by Paps and Skar. By the glow of the monitor... realization dawns that our hero is entering a joyous new chapter of life. Thumbs up! Alas, this video is far too short. On to the next.
  • Victory Dance 2 (alt link) The Romanian dance song is "Mai Ai Hee (Dragostea Din Tei)" by O-Zone. Do you see that look of anguish on the applicant's face at the beginning of the video? How he moans and worries about his chances at admission? And then... he refreshes his status page and... SUCCESS!

Is there a name for videos of people dancing with earphones on in front of computer monitors? This is a powerful genre of music video. "Chair Dance Vids" is descriptive, but clumsy. On days like this I love everyone and nothing can get me down.

PS: Friday's "best of" post is still in production.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, those are fucking hilarious! Congrats on Wharton!

2/03/2005 10:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home