bskewl

Wharts and All: Blogging the Full-Time MBA Program at the Wharton School

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Congratulations, Bskewl!

I logged in to the Stanford site today to discover the following text: Congratulations, Bskewl! Your application has been successfully submitted.

Wait. Wait a minute. That's not what I was looking for. Hit back a few times. Ahhh, there it is:

Dear Bskewl: Thank you for applying to the Stanford Graduate School of Business. We have completed the review of applicants to the Master of Business Administration Program, and I am sorry that we cannot offer you admission to the MBA Class of 2007."

Well at least they didn't "deny" or "reject" me. They were simply incapable of making an offer. Stanford's fault, not mine (though you'd think that with a Stanford MBA Mr. Bolton can do anything). Guess not! Onward Ho!

3 Comments:

Blogger nobdy said...

This does promise thrills and chills. I'd never wish another applicant rejection, but I do hope that Megami chooses Wharton if she is accepted at Harvard as well!

Me, I'm certain I'm going to Wharton now (as HBS has been third-choice all along) [See how the Zach he pretends that he even has a choice?].

1/18/2005 02:37:00 PM  
Blogger nobdy said...

Hey guys,

Thanks for the condolences, but I'm *really* not bummed about this. There's no need to be sorry or to wish me luck. I appreciate your thoughts, though. You care!

Now, I know I'm not exactly believable when I say that HBS has been a third-choice all along, but it's the truth. It's just not the school for me. I only applied because several friends (one of whom is more than just a friend on occasion) put a lot of pressure on me to do so.

It's not a credential I need and so every time I hear people say, "but yeah, it's HARVARD" I get that much more turned off by the thought of attending. I'm looking for an education, not a name to drop.

I'm sure I could find that education at any of the top 30 schools, but I prefer Wharton for a number of reasons.

Good luck to everyone that's really nervous or anxious about today's decision. Everything works out in the end.

1/19/2005 06:10:00 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Good thought bskewl! I agree everything works out in the end. Good luck for Wharton days ahead.

1/20/2005 12:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home