bskewl

Wharts and All: Blogging the Full-Time MBA Program at the Wharton School

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

A Ding Dong Ditty (or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the... ) [Edit 1]

It's the season for acceptances, yes, but for the majority of us it's the season for dingage. In the spirit of all things that go ding, I'd like to introduce you to a very special song. Stop me if you've already heard this one. I'll be humming it in my head all day:

When I was a little bitty boy
My grandmother bought me a cute little toy.
Silver bells hanging on a string,
She told me it was my ding a ling a ling.
(Source: "My Ding-a-Ling" by Chuck Berry)

This is perhaps the greatest of all of the songs written about the ding-a-ling. What's this got to do with MBA admissions? Nothing, perhaps, except to demonstrate that not all dingage is bad and that it is our duty as rejected applicants to go on living and enjoying dings whenever appropriate. Not convinced? Do yourself a favor and go listen to it. I searched for a full version, but couldn't find one.

Edit 1: Waitlisted at HBS. My search is now over. I'm sending in my Wharton matriculation agreement and I'm never looking back. My lessons learned to follow (perhaps tomorrow).

1 Comments:

Blogger Wakechick said...

Wharton, it is. Sorry to hear about S & H, but I think it worked out just fine. You've got a great attitude about this. Best wishes in Philly!

1/19/2005 01:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home